It's a Gas, Gas, Gas! Lottery Winners Accidentally Blow Up House

Maybe we should file this one under “Stupid is as Stupid does”. Authorities say two Wichita Kansas brothers accidentally blew up their house after celebrating a $75,000 winning Kansas lottery ticket by purchasing marijuana and meth.

Wichita police Sgt. Bruce Watts said one of the brothers was taken to a hospital and the other to jail after Friday’s explosion. The Wichita Eagle reported that the injured 27-year-old brother is in serious but stable condition with second-degree burns on his hands, arms and chest.

Watts said the explosion happened after one of the brothers went to the kitchen to refuel the butane torches they planned to use to light their bongs. The brother emptied a couple large cans of butane lighter fluid, leaking butane into the air. Eventually, butane vapor reached the pilot light in the furnace, causing the blast.

I would imagine they had the Rolling Stones “Jumpin’ Jack Flash” playing on the stereo.
- - - - -
No one won Powerball last night and Mega Millions rolled on Friday so here’s the latest multi-state lottery jackpots:

POWERBALL
02/20/2013
$70,000,000 est
Cash Option:$43,800,000

MEGA MILLIONS
02/19/2013
$26,000,000 est
Cash Option:$19,000,000